Tuesday 25 January 2011

Totally Ladybug Tuesday - Plum with stitching

Good morning everyone,

I hope you are all ok, I can't believe its Tuesday again, but its good news because it means another TLT over at the LCI Challenge Blog.  Today it is the turn of the lovely Amber our Guest Designer who has challenged us to make a card where the main colour is Plum with stitching - faux or real.  Here is my card:

I apologise for the photo, the card isn't quite so maroon as it looks here.  Anyway, I bought Day Off Ruby before Christmas but hadn't inked her up so I thought I'd use her for this project.  I used Kraft CS and Bo Bunny paper. 

Now all those who use a sewing machine look away now because the next bit will just make you laugh!  I wanted to challenge myself this week and do real stitching and not faux.  I don't have a sewing machine (and really wouldn't know what to do with one if did!) So I got out my cross stitch threads and needle out, measured the spaces with my ruler and hand stitched the two panels.  It took a bit longer than usual but I think it looks ok, it gives it a kind of shabby chic effect. 

Please go and take a look at all the other wonderful projects by the Design Team, they are megamazing, and join in the fun challenge this week. 

Before I go, I wanted to thank Brenda at Bumblebees and  Butterflies, my lovely co-DT member at MAWTT who gave me the Love Blog Award which I accept, thank you Brenda. 
Here are the conditions for the 'Love Blog' award.

You have been TAGGED and want to participate?

Create a post where you post the 'LOVE BLOG' image.

You should also blog the person's link that gave you the award and inform her/him that you accept the award.

You can then choose 3 - 5 favourite blogs which you also link in your post, then each blogger will inform you that they have been tagged. I'd like to give this award to:

Valchen - Valchen's Craftworks
Helen Ann - Cards (and scrapbooking) by Helen
Shirley-Anne - Stamping for Joy

The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, so I would ask you not to blog fellow bloggers that already have 3,000 followers.

I am entering into the following challenges:

Enjoy the rest of your day

Pami x

23 comments:

  1. Hi Pam - i love the plum with the aqua - a great combination - and well done you handstitching!!!
    well done on the award too- and love the blogs you passed it on to
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rolled flowers...
    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, Pam! Those colours are just yum! I love that you've done the inside too!

    Congrats on the award and brilliant choices you forwarded it on to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly thank you for thinking of me for this award . Hope I can follow that which I must do .
    Love the flowers on your card and the coordinating paper on the side panel . Is the image one stamp or have you made a scene with two stamps ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow to your hand stitching mrs, wouldn't have the patience for that one lol. Gorgeous card this week again pami.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is flabulous Pam...your stitching is amazing and must have taken you forever by hand!! Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww just seen the post you put on my blog

    thank you hun

    Hel x

    Ps gorgeous card - will be back with a proper comment later or tomorrow lots to get done now

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card; and that stitching? Oh my!!! LOVE the peek inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such a fab card, and oh wow, such dedication to hand sew your stitching - looks brilliant! Great colour choice too
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Pami. I love your color combo and I think the stitching looks great. Love your rolled flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great creation Pami, love the colours together and fab layout, those flowers really add a touch of class.
    Glad you liked the award, I love your blog and the things you make.
    Have a good week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! I'm glad you used real stitching. You want to know a secret... I do all my stitching by hand with a ruler. Me and the sewing machine don't see eye to eye.:) Thanks for all the lovely comments you have left over at my blog and thanks for becoming a follower. I've had a lot of fun with you guys over the last month. Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the papers and this image, Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at An Oldie but a Goodie Challenge!
    Julia-Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your gorgeous card Pami.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Pami, great colours!
    Linds x

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colours you have used are absolutely beautiful, I love the papers and the image is fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great card Pam. I love the colors of that Bo Bunny paper and your sewing adds a great touch. Can't believe you did that by hand, it looks picture perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. She's going out on the town tonight it seems...She's a good girl though and will make sure to wear her wings..>Wonder where her halo is??? Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck!

    Kerry
    WWDT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colours you've used and that image is fab! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous card.

    Thanks for joining us at Oldie But a Goodie this fortnight and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Pami, I owe you a HUGE apology!!!! (Please slap my wrist via email!!!) I am so so so so so so so sooooooooooooo sorry, for some reason whilst catching up with commenting on TLT during the week (I was late) I seemed to have overlooked your gorgeous blog and somehow missed commenting! I feel so bad and it wasn't intended at all. I really am so sorry.
    Your cards is gorgeous, I love the warm plum you've used and the bright contrasting blue! I'm hooked on those flowers and have recently made some for a design piece I've done. I think they're a great idea!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely messages, I enjoy reading every one of them! Pami x