Friday 14 January 2011

Birthday Card for an 80th

Hi All,

Its Friday, thank goodness.  I hope you have all had a good week.  I was asked to make a birthday card for an 80th birthday.  I always panic ever so slightly when I need to do a special card, I always worry if the recipient will like it (I have since been told that she loved it so thats good!) 


I recently bought the English Rose selection of papers from Kaisercraft and I thought this would be great to use with its soft greens and pinks. I used that with some ivory bazzill bling. The stamp is from Clear Art Stamps.  I used my promarkers to colour the image. I do worry about colouring flowers, its a big space and I had to really concentrate on the shading. I added a bit of glitter to distract from the colouring a bit!!  I added a green velvet ribbon which matched perfectly and added the button.  The inside was done as well but I forgot to take a photo! 

I hope you like it.  I will enter into the following challenges:
Speak Soon
Pami x

10 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card Pami!! Looks great!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh what a gorgeous flower Pam ..i love the deep colour
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pami, this is so nice and elegant, I think it's perfect for an 80 year old. Yes, me too always worry when I'm asked to do a card worrying if they'll like it or not ... and I feel even more stressed when I know it's so special for them. Last time I was asked to do a card for a 100 year old! Oops I just remembered that I still haven't posted it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an achievement to reach 80!! Your card is beautiful Pam...I had to look really close as it looked like it has layers but it's the flabulous way you've coloured it! I'm not surprised the lucky lady loved it :-D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh - this is just gorgeous, Pam! The shading is just brilliant!

    Hope you had a good evening tonite!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am sure she loved it Pami, love the vibrant colours and sparkle:) Have a good weekend. Hugs
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Pami, the colouring up, the palette and papers are gorgeous.
    Have a wonderful weekend my friend and thankyou for all your lovely comments on my blog.
    Take care. Luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. THis is absolutely gorgeous Pami. I love the bits of sparkle on the card and your coloring looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is stunning Pami, arent those new Kaisercraft papers amazing I have just got them too, lush and so english summery feeling...now how could she not like this stunner its just beautiful so she was bound too, I love the added flecks of glitter on the flower
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh this is stunning Pami. Love the image, gorgeous paper, matches brilliantly you colourwork. The gold glitter really gives it a WOW and the green ribbon is just a perfect touch. So elegant.

    Thank for joining us this week at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely messages, I enjoy reading every one of them! Pami x