Saturday 28 August 2010

I'm not alone!

Hi everyone.  Well thank goodness someone is reading my blog!  Thank you Maxine and Rozzy for finding me and your lovely comments.  I was so excited when I saw I had them!


I've havent put anything on for a while.  Time has just run away.  I've recently been away to the Isle of Wight with my friend Sue.  We spent 4 days there.  I've never been before so was nice to see the place and do some exploring.  Sue has family there so we hooked up with them and all went to the Garlic Festival which was on while we were there!  I also spent some time with my 9 year old nephew Lewis when i got back.  We did day trips out, went to the cinema and things like that.  It was all lovely!


Anyway on to the card.  I haven't done any paper crafting for a couple of weeks.  Have been spending time doing some cross stitching for a change.  However I had to make a birthday card for Sue whose birthday is coming up. 





The receipe:
  • Shopping Nikki stamp and sentiment stamp by Ladybug Crafts Ink
  • My Minds Eye paper (free with a magazine)
  • Big Scalloped Ovals SM and LG nesties (I need some new ones!)
  • Promarkers - China Blue, Blush, Cerise, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Buttercup, Fuchsia Pink, Grey
  • Ribbon from craft box
  • Stickles - star dust
I tried to sponge around the image with some chalk as well, not sure how well you can see that.  I don't know whether I like it to be honest.  The image wasn't stamped very well and my colouring wasn't great.  I feel disheartened sometimes, I see such brilliant work on other blogs and wish that I could do the same.  I think thats probably why I haven't done much recently. 


Anyway I hope Sue likes it when she gets it!  I have a male birthday card to do now.  I don't have many male stamps so I may search around the internet for some digi stamps.


Enjoy the long bank holiday weekend!
Love
Pami x

1 comments:

  1. Hello Pami! Thx for visiting my blog - thought I'd come over and explore yours! I really like this card, those Nikki stamps are just great, aren't they? I'm lucky enough to be on the design team so I get to play with them a lot!

    Don't feel disheartened about your work - my first creations were just awful! I'm not very good at art at all, but time and [lots and lots and lots] of practice helps you develop your style and skills.

    I think these early creations are really very good - much better than my ones! They are showing excellent use of space, colours and interest. Do lots of experimenting too! What I found useful was to try to copy other people's styles (clean and simple, vintage, shabby chic, etc) - not to steal but just to practice! You get a really good feel of why and how others put their cards together.

    It's really important to enjoy the process of making cards to help you develop your style so don't get hung up on the finished article. When I'm experimenting I use repositional glues - so if I don't like the result, I can just take the card apart and use the materials again! Just practice and have lots of fun!

    Lastly, since starting my blog a year ago or so I have found the crafting community to be the kindest and most giving bunch of lovely people! Don't be scared to ask others questions on their blogs and get advice! I'd be very happy to give you some pointers if there's anything specific you'd like to know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your lovely messages, I enjoy reading every one of them! Pami x